Howto become a member of the VO ILDG
Once you have obtained your certificate you can apply for becoming member of the Virual Organisation ILDG using the VOMS service. Perform the following steps:
If you received your certificate in PEM format, you will have to convert it into PKCS12 format (it is strongly recommended to use a non-empty export password):
# cd $HOME/.globus # openssl pkcs12 -in usercert.pem -inkey userkey.pem -export -out user.p12
- Load the PKCS12 format certificate (e.g. $HOME/.globus/user.p12) into your browser.
- Connect to the ILDG VOMS server https://grid-voms.desy.de:8443/voms/ildg
- Proceed as follows:
- Select menu Members
- Select sub-menu Register
- Fill form. In particular, you must
- Specify the institution, which refers to your regional grid
- Select a representative from your regional grid who will decide on your application
- NOT change Grid job submission rights (keep setting full)
- Select a group according to your regional grid
You will be notified by email when you have been added to the VO.